How do servers become refurbished servers
Table of Contents
Here is what happens
- If a server is new, it means that it’s never been used.
- If a server is used, it means that someone else owned and used it in the past.
- The server must have belonged and been used by someone else before
- The server has been returned to like-new conditions prior to you buying it
Refurbished products are quite different from used ones
As described in our article Differences between refurbished and used products, refurbished products are quite different from used and offer you quite a lot.
When it comes to servers, here's what you can expect when buying refurbished from a reputable IT hardware reseller.
When refurbishing computer equipment, a rigorous multi-step process takes place. The goal is to ensure that the equipment is in good condition and works just as well as new products do.
In short, we are looking at providing a good quality control, the objective of which is to ensure that the end customer is fully satisfied with the products that is being acquired!
You, as the end user of the product, want to make sure that the product you are buying, is from a supplier who has the tools and resources to subject used products to a rigorous refurbishment process.
If you don't, your data is at risk!
Refurbished servers are rigorously tested
Before a used server is classified as refurbished, it must go through a series of rigorous tests.
Reputable IT hardware resellers make it a point to test each and every component to make sure they work the way they should.
If a component fails any of the tests it’s submitted to, if it’s possible and cost effective, the component in question is repaired. If not, Data Telcom’s policy is to simply replaced that component and have the defective one recycled.
Refurbished servers are thoroughly cleaned
Refurbished servers have been taken apart and cleaned so that the inside is 100% dust free. The same goes for the outside.
If needed, the outside has also been repainted in order to get rid of any scratches.
Refurbished servers have been reseted to factory defaults
After having undergone all the testing procedures, the cleaning process and necessary touch ups, the server is reset to the manufacturer’s original settings. This results in you getting a server that looks and performs like new BUT, costs significantly less!
Refurbished servers are backed by a solid warrantyAs previously mentioned and again, indicated in our article Differences between refurbished and used products, refurbished products are by definition used products.
- When buying new, you get a product that’s under manufacturer warranty. When buying refurbished, you also get products that are backed by a warranty.
- When buying refurbished servers, a reputable IT Hardware reseller will stand by the product they offer by offering a solid warranty on the product.
When buying used products, remember that although refurbished products are used, NOT all used products are refurbished!
- Buying used servers means you get products at heavily discounted prices versus the cost of new ones.BUT, used isn't refurbished!
- When buying refurbished servers you pay a bit more because of the refurbishing process they had to go through BUT, you are still paying quite a bit less than you would have for a new one!
Not to mention that, as mentioned in our article “Where do refurbished products come from“, you can also get units that, under normal circumstances, could potentially be out of your reach, due to budget constraints!
When buying refurbished servers from Data Telcom, you get the best of both worlds. You get;
- Heavily discounted products that look, feel and perform like new servers.
- Products that come with a solid warranty on them.
You can therefore rest easy knowing that you bought quality products that won’t give you any headaches!